To make enough toffee to cover six (eating) apples, you will need:
A Stove (lightweight gas)
6 Eating Apples
450g Demera Sugar
50g Unsalted Butter
2tsp Cider Vinegar
1tbsp Clear Honey
Lolli Sticks/ Skewers
1. Wash and dry apples. Push a stick into the base of each one through the core (Use lolly sticks or thin wooden skewers).
2. Grease a piece of baking paper.
3. Fill a Bowl with cold water and keep this ready for testing the toffee!
4. Put the sugar, butter, vinegar, honey and 150ml cold water into a pan and heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Boil for 10mins or until the mixture turns to toffee, testing frequently towards the end its ready when a small piece dropped into cold water turns hard straight away. Don’t worry if it looks frothy - this is normal.
6. Remove from the heat and dip the apples in the toffee to coat. Take Care as the toffee is hot.
7. Stand on the baking paper and leave to set before eating!